Why Do Ball Joints, Tie Rods And Control Arms Wear Out?
The ball and socket joint has been around on animals and humans for millennia. This simple design has been used on vehicles since the turn of the century because it works. But, just like our hip joints, ball and socket joints, like ball joints, tie rods and sway bar links, wear out.
If you went to the doctor and in the examination he pulled out a pry bar and a large set of pliers, you might get a little scared and fear that his diagnosis might be more damaging than the actual problem. The same is true for ball joints and tie rods. Any OEM- or suspension manufacturer-recommended procedure for inspecting a ball-type joint rarely involves a pry bar and almost never involves a set of pliers. Just like a doctor, you must use your hands and eyes.
Click here to read the rest of the article.
APC is now stocking Rockland Wiper linkages.
Re-engineered to OEM specifications for North American climates
• 2152 applications available
• Tested and Certified by an Independent Laboratory
• 2 year warranty
• ISO 9001 Certified
Contact your local sale representative for more information or call your store with an application.
APC Auto Part Centres hosted their 5th annual charity golf tournaments in both London and Guelph this year. The events included over 220 golfers teeing off at both Forest City National Golf Club and Guelph Lakes Golf and Country Club.
The tournaments are an instrumental part of CANUSA/APC’s ongoing commitment to support the London Health Sciences Foundation in their efforts to expand the health care resources in the community.
Adding to APC’s ongoing support, $19,500 was raised between the two events and once again will be donated at this year’s trade show, October 23, 2013.
For more information about the APC Invitational Golf Classic click here.
Raise a Glass to an Uncommon Variety of Choices
An essential part of a luxurious and relaxing vacation is finding the perfect spot to match your mood and occasion. With this philosophy in mind, Celebrity Summit have been designed each of their bars, lounges and clubs with a unique destination unto itself. The menus offer a diverse selection of classics and the latest trends.
Martini Bar and Crush offers a cool, ice-topped bar and their talented bartenders put on a high-energy show preparing an intriguing menu of classic and contemporary martinis. You can sit back in the contemporary plush high-back chairs wile listening to up-tempo tunes.
Immerse yourself in the culture of wine within the inviting atmosphere of Cellar Masters, Summit’s wine bar. Cellar Masters offers you the opportunity to try a cold collection of both familiar and unknown wines from around the world.
The Rendezvous Lounge is the perfect place to gather before dinner for a cocktail and dancing or after dinner you could enjoy live music, dancing and a signature cocktail.
The intimate atmosphere of Michael’s Club features inviting leather chairs, perfect for sharing conversation, listening to a live guitarist, or savoring one of up to 64 international craft beers, extensive collections of fine whisky’s, scotches, cognacs and bourbons.
We would like to announce the opening of our new APC store in Mount Forest. Visit the store page for contact information and directions.
Thank You for Your Support
APC Auto Part Centres hosted their 5th annual charity Invitational Golf Classic at Forest City National Golf Club in London, Ontario on June 5, 2013. The event included over 170 golfers teeing off at both 7am and 1pm, raffle draws, a silent auction table.
This tournament is an instrumental part of CANUSA/APC’s ongoing commitment to support the London Health Sciences Foundation in their efforts to expand the health care resources in the community.
Congratulations to the Winners of the Tournament Contests and Draw Prizes
|Lowest Team Score
||Dremel Tool (Bosch)
|Longest Drive (Ladies)
||$150 Gift Card to Golf Town (Prestolite)
|Longest Drive (Men)
||$150 Gift Card to Golf Town (Prestolite)
|Closest to the Pin (Ladies)
||$150 Gift Card to Golf Town (Cardone)
|Closest to the Pin (Men)
||$150 Gift Card to Golf Town (Cardone)
|Closest to the Keg
||$100 Gift Card to The Beer Store and $100 to M&M Meats
||1 Tassimo Coffee Maker per Team Member
|Catalina Cart Bag
||Above and Beyond Promotions
|Golf Bag, Travel Bag, Duffel Bag, Umbrella
|Callaway Golf Bag
|TaylorMade RBZ 10.5 Driver
||Blue Streak Electronics
|Grey Goose Texas Mickey
|Leatherman Wave multi-tool)
|Beats Studio Headphones
|Foursome @ Forest City
||Forest City National Golf Club
|Samsung Chrome Book
|Jet 32pc Combination Wrench Set
|TaylorMade Ghost Putter
|Beats Pill Speakers
|| Mike Summers
|Go Pro Hero 3
|Callaway Razr Fit Driver
|*Grand Prize*Toshiba 50″ LED HDTV
||Scott (Village Ford)
Congratulations to For Wheels Auto Care of London, Ontario; our winner of the FRAM Extreme Sport Fishing trip. Neal Brodie of For Wheels will join APC representatives and winners across the country for a 4 day ocean fishing trip at Duncanby Lodge on the central coast of British Columbia.
This all-inclusive fly-in extreme sport fishing resort is located on the Rivers Inlet fishing grounds featuring large kelp beds and deep, open ocean, to river estuaries that literally boil with abundant species.
Congratulations again we are sure this will be a fishing event of a lifetime!
A recording of last week’s webinar titled “Adjustable Ball Joints – When, Why and How to use them” is now available on our Federal-Mogul Technical web page for download or viewing online. Users can go to www.federalmogul.com/training , select “Webinars” and choose from the list of sixteen available recordings.
Or you can use this link http://aftermarket.federalmogul.com/en-US/Technical/Pages/Webinars.aspx
ACDelco recently launched Video on Demand training exclusively to ACDelco program members as a part of the training benefit – at no additional cost!
Now you can log into the ACDelco Training website and view pre-recorded video training sessions on a variety of automotive repair topics at any time, day or night, from the comfort of your computer chair, or even on your mobile device!
What’s ACDelco Video On Demand?
ACDelco Video on Demand is a combination of web-based training and video classroom training, where we have recorded an instructor working through a specific course. Since these are pre-recorded training sessions, technicians can log in and view the Video on Demand sessions at a time that is convenient for them!
This is another training option being offered to compliment the wide variety of aftermarket topics already available to ACDelco program members through web-based training, virtual classroom training, and instructor-led training.
This month we are launching 30 new Video on Demand sessions. They range from 30 minutes to 3 hours in length, depending on the selected video. Additional sessions will continue to launch each month. Please see new ACDelco VOD session names and codes below:
New Video on Demand sessions for May 2013
- Rear Axle & Propeller Shaft – Part 1: S-MT03-03.01VOD
- HVAC Systems and Operation: S-AC07-02.01VOD
- TCC Diagnostic Tips: S-AT02-05.01VOD
- Automatic Transmission/ Transaxle Theory, Operation & Diagnostics: S-AT02-07.01VOD
- GM Braking Systems: S-BK05-03.01VOD
- Panoramic Roof Repair: S-DS11-02.01VOD
- HHR Waterleak Diagnostics and Repair: S-EL06-09.01VOD
- 4200 Engine Familiarization: S-EP08-09.01VOD
- Duramax 6600: Technology Changes: S-EP08-10.01VOD
- Telephone protocol: B-CC30-04.01VOD
- Information use and control: B-CC30-05.01VOD
- 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Features and Systems: S-FN00-96.01VOD
- 2006 SKH-TCU- Service Programming Tips: S-FN00-29.01VOD
- 2007 SKH TCU- Intermittent Diagnostics: S-FN00-30.01VOD
- 2007 SKH TCU-GM Light Duty Truck Upfitting Policies and Procedures: S-FN00-31.01VOD
- 2007 SKH TCU- Engine Oil: S-FN00-32.01VOD
- 2006 & 2007 SKH Seminar Emerging Issues Series: S-FN00-06.01VOD, S-FN00-07.01VOD, S-FN00-08.01VOD, S-FN00-09.01VOD, S-FN00-10.01VOD, S-FN00-11.01VOD, S-FN00-12.01VOD, S-FN00-17.01VOD, S-FN00-18.01VOD, S-FN00-19.01VOD, S-FN00-20.01VOD, S-FN00-21.01VOD, S-FN00-22.01VOD, S-FN00-28.01VOD
How to Access ACDelco VOD
- Log into the ACDelco Training website
- Hover the cursor over “Take Training” (at the top of the page)
- Select “Video on Demand”
- Now you’re in the Video on Demand portal, where you can search through the available sessions to view the pre-recorded videos and view them at your own pace
- Looking for a specific topic within the video? Just enter the topic in the search bar in the upper right-hand corner, and then select the search icon. Click on the search results by clicking on either topics or transcript to locate the specific topic.
ACDelco announces 2 New Web-Based Training courses for ACD and PSC Members!
Log on to take the brand new courses that are being offered, from the comfort of your computer chair.
For June we’ve launched 2 new ACDelco web-based training courses to the ACDelco training web site. The Course codes and outlines are below:
Introduction to Hybrid and Electric Vehicles – S-EL06-58.01WBT
This course introduces the concept, design, and a brief history of hybrid and electric vehicle technology within General Motors. It also discusses electrical energy storage, transfer, and general concepts commonly used. Lastly, this course discusses the characteristics of hybrid controls. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recall the history and design of Hybrid and electric vehicles
• Recall the characteristics of electrical energy
• Identify electrical storage, delivery, and transfer
• Identify the characteristics of Hybrid control
GM Global Electrical Systems – S-EL06-52.02WBT
The GM Global Electrical Systems course familiarizes the service technician with the global format of service diagnostic procedures, including the common circuit types and functions used in GM electrical architecture and the types and characteristics of serial data circuits. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recall the types of electrical and ground circuits
• Recall the types of voltage circuits and their characteristics
• Identify the types of signal circuits
• Recall the types of control circuits
• Identify the types of serial data circuits
• Recognize how to troubleshoot electrical systems using a systematic process
You can access these new ACDelco Web Based Training courses through the TechConnect Canada website.
• Visit www.TechConnectCanada.com
• Select “Training Login”.
• Enter your login and password. If you do not have your login information, please contact ACDelco Training Helpdesk at 1-800-26-DELCO (33526) option 1.
• Put your cursor over “Take Training” at the very top of the page (between “Main Menu” and “Test Drive”), then click Web- Based Training
• You can search by course name, number or description.
• Select “View” under the “Action” column to see more details about the course and to start the course.
• Select “Launch Course” (top left) if you would like to start the course. You may need to add the course to your training path by selecting “Add Course to Training Path (Self Select)”
• Select the first available option to open a new window to start training.
We have posted a souvenir video from the Costa Rica 2013 trip featuring images from customers who traveled with APC this year. Visit the Incentive Travel page to watch.
Like the video and share it with your friends.