New Web-Based Training courses
ACDelco announces 2 New Web-Based Training courses for ACD and PSC Members!
Log on to take the brand new courses that are being offered, from the comfort of your computer chair.
For June we’ve launched 2 new ACDelco web-based training courses to the ACDelco training web site. The Course codes and outlines are below:
Introduction to Hybrid and Electric Vehicles – S-EL06-58.01WBT
This course introduces the concept, design, and a brief history of hybrid and electric vehicle technology within General Motors. It also discusses electrical energy storage, transfer, and general concepts commonly used. Lastly, this course discusses the characteristics of hybrid controls. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recall the history and design of Hybrid and electric vehicles
• Recall the characteristics of electrical energy
• Identify electrical storage, delivery, and transfer
• Identify the characteristics of Hybrid control
GM Global Electrical Systems – S-EL06-52.02WBT
The GM Global Electrical Systems course familiarizes the service technician with the global format of service diagnostic procedures, including the common circuit types and functions used in GM electrical architecture and the types and characteristics of serial data circuits. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recall the types of electrical and ground circuits
• Recall the types of voltage circuits and their characteristics
• Identify the types of signal circuits
• Recall the types of control circuits
• Identify the types of serial data circuits
• Recognize how to troubleshoot electrical systems using a systematic process
You can access these new ACDelco Web Based Training courses through the TechConnect Canada website.
• Visit www.TechConnectCanada.com
• Select “Training Login”.
• Enter your login and password. If you do not have your login information, please contact ACDelco Training Helpdesk at 1-800-26-DELCO (33526) option 1.
• Put your cursor over “Take Training” at the very top of the page (between “Main Menu” and “Test Drive”), then click Web- Based Training
• You can search by course name, number or description.
• Select “View” under the “Action” column to see more details about the course and to start the course.
• Select “Launch Course” (top left) if you would like to start the course. You may need to add the course to your training path by selecting “Add Course to Training Path (Self Select)”
• Select the first available option to open a new window to start training.